Written by Tom King
Artwork by Mitch Gerads
Chef’s Note: Happy National Eat Your Vegetables Day!
Chef’s Note: Seven Tips for Creating a Powerful Veggie Tray:
- First, stop calling it a veggie tray! Use the French term crudités (pronounced ‘krew/dee/tay‘) and your guests will think you quite the stylish sophisticate!
- Use what is in season, and look for vibrant, rich colors!
- You can store your prepped veggies in ice water in the fridge for up to 3 days beforehand.
- Cut the vegetables within 2 hours of party time to get that desired crrrnch!
- Blanch your green veggies, like asparagus or snap peas or string beans, to bring out the color.
- One really good trick is to conceal a Fahren Knife made from the body of Darkseid’s son Orion, which prophesy decreed was the only one who could kill Darkseid, underneath the veggies so you can finish this once and for all.
- Don’t forget a dip! Sour cream is a good base. Mix it with French Onion Soup Mix or a little Bonewine. Or get spicy with some salsa!
Onomatopoeia: Gllft | Crrrnch | CrrrnchCrrrnchCrrrnch
Cromulent indeed. Darkseid knows how to crunch. 4 stars (★★★★)